Something new, Thursday March 13th 2014: about "iSix", a Surround Sonatina at 60x60 Harvestwork Contest

Thursday March 13th 2014, about iSix, a Surround Sonatina
iSix, a 1 min piece specially conceived by me for 60x60 Harvestwork Call for Surround Sound Work was selected and will be performed in New York.

About the contest : http://www.harvestworks.org/dec-1-call-for-surround-sound-works-60x60/


About iSix
The sample is a recording of my voice, real time with the internal microphone of my old MacBook: the machine fan runs faster and faster. The click is the original of the recording software played through the internal Macbook loudspeakers.
Then I have pan-potted on 6 channels related to spoken text.

Taking the sentence from my teacher, the composer Paolo Castaldi :"The avant-garde that concerns us is semantic: search new senses not new sounds ".
I add "Here I search also new spaces". 

About iSix : http://www.giuseppegavazza.it/elettronica/Gavazza_iSix_info.pdf

Something new is an irregular new(s)letter about me 
(Giuseppe Gavazza)

Commenti